BifrostConnect and the Finance Industry
Imagine having a server error on your financial backbone. The internal IT department or person, is unable to fix the issue, as he is unfamiliar with the infrastructure dependencies between functions and programs, and is forced to give up. During this period of time, you have wasted valuable time, both trying to fix the issue, and reduced the turnover of the services. Most likely, there will be a redundant system running, and the end-users experience is unchanged. But what happens to the server and the functions of it, why did it malfunction, and what happens if the redundant system crashes at the same time, as we do not know the error? Having these problems, requires expert assistance and access directly to the server and down-time is not preferable in finans.
What are your options?
- Call in a IR team, technician or IT expert to, in person, fix the problem on-site
- Enable direct and open access though your network to the infected server
- Plug in a BifrostConnect
Option 1: An IT expert is called. The cost of the technician starts from the call to when the person is back in the office – easily costing hundred of Euro’s even before the actual work has begun.
Option 2: Access is granted to an off-site technician. They will try to connect to the equipment remotely via software solutions, piercing the company’s infrastructure – which isn’t typically allowed in modern secure companies – or try to explain and ask for more information through the phone. Installing remote access software on bespoke servers is not recommended, and whenever the system has rebooted, the services has to be re-enabled with on-site staff in standby.
Option 3: Make contact to the expert of the equipment. On the broken equipment, find an I/O port and connect the secure BifrostConnect unit to it (see all the options here)
- Power on the BifrostConnect Unit either via cords or use the build-in battery.
- Choose from local WIFI, LAN or 4G.
- Provide the technician with the browser address Https://gotobifrost.com
- A one time password appear on the unit, deliver this to the technician
- The Technician solves the problem and you can now unplug the unit
If you can see on the screen of the broken equipment, the technician can too. He is now able to diagnose, repair, calibrate, restart and reboot the equipment as if he was in front while everything is secure.