Find your answer in our
frequently asked questions below.
What happens when you connect the BifrostConnect Unit to a device?
1. When plugging a device into the USB-A port, BifrostConnect Unit acts as a keyboard, mouse, and charges the device
2. When using the HDMI port, BifrostConnect will stream whatever the computer outputs
3. When using the RS232 port, BifrostConnect Unit can send and receive data from a compatible device in a terminal session. The BifrostConnect Unit does not charge when using RS232, and separate charging is needed
4. When plugged into the USB-C port, it will stream video, act as a keyboard and mouse, and also charge the BifrostConnect Unit
5. When plugged into the LAN port, BifrostConnect Unit will charge over POE and have network capabilities
6. When connecting a Bluetooth device to a BifrostConnect Unit, it will act as a keyboard and mouse
Does BifrostConnect log any keyboard strokes or mouse movements?
No. BifrostConnect does not log keystrokes or any kind of user-related data from the session
Is the data being sent/streamed through BifrostConnect encrypted?
Will BifrostConnect work with all devices?
BifrostConnect works with all devices that can connect a keyboard, mouse, and a monitor, or communicate through an RS232 (or USB RS232 emulation)
Can I transfer files through BifrostConnect with the target device connected to the USB ports?
No, as a security measure, only keyboard and mouse emulation are supported on Attended Access. Unattended Access will get more features
Does the equipment connected to BifrostConnect get internet access?
No BifrostConnect does not act as a modem or router for internet access to the equipment
Does BifrostConnect require a static IP?
No, BifrostConnect connects to our authentication server using a DHCP, so no static IP needed.
How can you charge the BifrostConnect?
Use either a Micro-USB cable, a USB-C cable, or connect it to POE compatible LAN.
Can I use a KVM switch and just one BifrostConnect unit?
Yes. You can use 1 BifrostConnect unit, connected to a KVM switch and manage and control multiple systems. Cheaper KVM switches can however result in errors.